Thursday, November 5, 2009

Adrian Tomine and Pops




Back in high school, my parents used to subscribe to The New Yorker. One day, we got a new issue in the mail, and the cover just spoke to me. It was this bright, clean illustration of two subway cars passing each other, inside the two separate cars were two young people reading the same book, looking up from it, realizing the other person on the other train was holding the same novel. There was so much story in that one illustration, i was hooked, Adrian Tomine could capture my thoughts and feelings with simple lines and colors. I still go back to his graphic novels and illustrations, for ideas on how to convey my own thoughts in a poignant, simple way.
http://www.adrian-tomine.com/

Okay, so another illustrator i love is my dad. I always have, and not just because of the fact he's the best dad in world, but also because i think he understands perspective and knows how to add a fun twist to any story he's given. Here is the link to his blog. (He also teaches an online course at the Art Academy of San Francisco on perspective and view in illustration.)

No comments:

Post a Comment